Whether it’s AI or self-driving vehicles so many businesses look to the future of technology to see how they can stay ahead of the competition. We value your drive to succeed, so we’ve taken a look at a recent study conducted by GE Healthcare into emerging trends and picked a few points that we know non-emergency medical transportation software could help your business excel in.
Greater Collaboration Between Care Teams and Patients
People want more transparency and autonomy in their care plans, but this can be difficult to do without the right tools. NEMT dispatching software can enable users to book their own trips and provide direct feedback about their experiences. This helps users take greater control of their own wellbeing in three important ways:
- Books trips directly – with the right passenger portal, users can book a ride when they need to without worrying about red tape.
- Give feedback – depending on what options your NEMT business has selected, users can leave direct feedback about their experiences. This makes users feel like they have more of a voice in their care and it allows your transportation professionals to pivot based on feedback.
- Automated reminders – non-emergency medical transportation software can automatically notify users via voice, email or text about upcoming appointments and even when a driver is close to their location.
A Need for Smart, Connected Tech
Demands on health care grow every year, and NEMT is not immune. Health care professionals, including NEMT services, are looking toward overall trends in tech to improve daily operations Naturally, NEMT and other health professionals look to Artificial Intelligence (AI) and autonomous vehicles (AV) to help meet increasing demands on health care. Most often they look to AI as a way of weeding out the “low brain power, high time demand” kinds of activities where most people want to go first. The right NEMT dispatching software can do exactly that with things such as automatically generated and optimized schedules.
Another often-discussed advancement that could help the industry is the use of AVs. While the tech behind AVs in NEMT is far less defined than AI, there’s also potential there. We see it being especially useful for routes that require less careful attention. Which is to say, routes that are helping riders whose limits specifically apply to driving, but not navigating other parts of daily life.
Both AI and AV have the potential to limit day-to-day frustrations and make NEMT a more reliable, respected service.
Using Data to Your Advantage
Offering professional care has so many moving parts to it and has such a solidly human side. That core should never be forgotten, but it’s key to remember that care is rooted in scientific knowledge—hard data. Data-informed decisions are how you stay true to these roots and make strides forward.
Because care involves so many different pieces, it can be hard to collect data in a meaningful way to improve your business. With the right non-emergency medical transportation software, you can get everything you need to better understand how to improve your processes. This includes such fields as:
- Demographic info
- Location pairings
- Driver and vehicle information
- Numbers and types of passengers
- Cancelations & no shows
- And much more with robust customization
Care Team Wellbeing
Now more than ever, it’s crucial to keep the transportation professionals who help your business run feeling happy and appreciated. Eliminating as much frustration in day-to-day operations as you can is a great start. The right NEMT dispatch software can create efficiencies in your business that make daily operations more pleasant for your employees, such as:
- Auto-generated schedules so your schedulers can use their time and energy for the more complex issues that come across their desks.
- Automatic notifications for upcoming rides as well as cancellations to help lighten the load of dispatchers and keep your drivers from waiting on riders who won’t be showing up.
- Further options customized specifically for your team’s unique needs.
Non-Emergency Medical Software You Can Trust
Health care is under a lot of stress as staff numbers drop while demand on the industry continues to increase. This demand is part of why we see staffing becoming such an issue, including within NEMT itself. To help health care and NEMT be a more enticing option for employment, it may be crucial to find solutions that allow everyone to focus their time and effort on “the big stuff”. While we won’t claim to know the solution for all of health care, we can confidently say that the right non-emergency medical transportation software can help address stresses in this aspect of care.
Momentm is your partner in staying on the cutting edge of NEMT excellence. Contact us now to speak with a team member who understands the demands of the industry and let’s future proof your NEMT business.